San Diego Car Accident Attorney
After a car accident, one of your first concerns when you discover you have sustained serious injuries is the financial impact this is likely to have on you and your family. Of course, the pain and shock of the collision will no doubt dominate your thought in the immediate aftermath, but it generally does not take long for San Diego car accident victims to start to worry about the financial hardship lying in wait. You may know that you are entitled to receive compensation when the car accident has been caused by the negligence or deliberately dangerous actions of another motorist, but do you know how to navigate the complexities of the California legal system?
Even if you do have a legal education, it is almost impossible to think clearly about a car accident you have been injured in, particularly when the injuries are still causing you pain and suffering. The last thing you need at a time like this is to be forced to fight for the settlement you know you deserve. The good news is our San Diego car accident attorneys also know that you deserve it, and will work tirelessly to secure the maximum available compensation on your behalf.
To schedule your free initial consultation free initial consultationfree initial consultation with an expert San Diego car accident attorney, call Edward J. Babbitt APC & Associates today at 619-543-1789.
Who Is at Fault in a San Diego Car Accident?
Perhaps the most important question which will arise following a San Diego car accident and the answer to this will determine who is liable for your injuries and, as such, your damages and compensation. You may be certain that you were not at fault, but who actually was to blame?
In many car accidents, there is more than one responsible party, meaning that the actions of more than one person or entity contributed to the incident. This is one of the factors which your expert San Diego car accident attorney will investigate on your behalf, as we use the full extent of our legal knowledge and expertise to secure the damages you deserve.
When you work with a car accident attorney from Edward J Babbitt APC & Associates, you benefit from a unique skill set – not only do we have extensive experience in successfully handling San Diego cases like yours, Edward J. Babbitt also gained significant experience on the insurance side of personal injury claims. This rare perspective will be fully utilized when pursuing your case.
Both experience gained in the insurance industry and as San Diego car accident attorneys means we can expertly, and successfully, provide legal representation for cases relating to all common – and not so common – causes of collisions. Some of the contributing factors we regularly encounter include:
- Distracted driving, caused by using a cellphone while driving, turning to speak to a passenger, changing tracks on the in-car CD player and more
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive or reckless driving, including road rage and tailgating
- Driving at excessive speed
- Defective vehicle components
- Poorly maintained road surfaces
- Adverse weather conditions
- Driver fatigue
Of course, there are many more reasons why a car accident may occur and, when you hire our San Diego attorneys to act on your behalf, you can be confident that you will benefit from the best legal guidance and support.
What is Comparative Fault?
As California is a comparative fault state, more than one person or entity can be found responsible for your San Diego car accident. This also means that you could be considered to be partly at fault, along with another motorist, or motorists. However, being deemed partly responsible does not necessarily exclude you from recovering monetary damages. Rather, the amount you receive in settlement will be reduced by an appropriate amount – for example, if you are found to be 30% at fault in a San Diego car accident calculated to be worth $100,000, you would receive $70,000 in compensation.
Your San Diego car accident attorney can explain this in more detail, including how it could relate to your specific case, when you come in for your initial consultation.
What Should I Do After a San Diego Car Accident?
Even where you are completely blameless, the actions you take immediately after a collision can affect how your San Diego car accident attorney handles your case. For example, if you give a recorded statement to your insurance company whilst still in shock, you could inadvertently reduce your own chances of recovering the full amount of damages you are entitled to.
To avoid unwittingly impacting your own claim, our San Diego car accident attorneys advise that you follow these steps after a collision:
- Check yourself for injuries, before also checking your passengers and occupants of other vehicles, if you are able to do so
- Ensure everyone moves away from the wreckage, if possible
- Call 911 and request emergency services. You will need to obtain a copy of the police report to support your claim
- If you can, take photos of your injuries, damage to your vehicle, and the scene of your car accident
- Make note of all details while they are fresh in your mind. You may be surprised by how quickly you begin to forget, and seemingly minor details could have a considerable impact on your claim for damages
- Obtain contact and insurance details from all other motorists involved in your San Diego car accident
- Request contact information from any witnesses who may have been present at the scene
- Do not give a statement to anyone other than the police until you have spoken to your San Diego car accident attorney
- Do not leave the scene of the car accident until the police have told you it is ok to do so
- Contact Edward J. Babbitt APC & Associates to enlist the legal guidance and support of an outstanding lawyer
Injured in a San Diego Car Accident? Speak to an Expert Attorney Today
Choosing the right legal representation can make your San Diego car accident much less stressful. For a lawyer you can trust to fight for your legal rights, you need an Edward J. Babbitt, car accident attorney.
To schedule your free initial consultation, call us today on 619-543-1789.
Call for Evaluation:
General Phone : 619-543-1789
Local Phone: 619-543-1789
Address: 600 B Street, Suite 2230
San Diego, CA 92101